The well known Yumthang Valley in North Sikkim is found 140 km north of Gangtok. Renowned as the “Valley of blossoms”, this is an uncommon and intriguing area with natural aquifers, waterways, yaks and rich green glades. Arranged at a rise on 3564 meters, this dazzling valley is a heaven for nature darlings as it houses the Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary which has more than 24 types of Rhododendron blossoms (the state blossom) sprouting from late February to mid-June.
Yumthang Valley is shut to sightseers among December and March because of the weighty snowfall in the locale. A couple of natural aquifers are arranged in Yumthang Valley, which is regularly visited by sightseers as they are accepted to have supernatural mending power. Aside from a grandiose green knoll, rich green timberland plentiful in Pine and silver fir trees fills the region. On your way towards Yumthang Valley, you can see spouting cascades and streams alongside a stunning perspective on tops with Pauhunri and Shundu Tsenpa.
Tips For Visiting Yumthang
1. Convey comfortable garments in all seasons as Yumthang is situated at a high elevation and it very well may be gnawing cold whenever. Additionally, convey prescription for high elevation ailment.
2. There are no ATMs at Yumthang so convey enough money with you.
3. It is fitting to go from Gangtok to Lachung and remain for the time being and make the excursion to Yumthang the following morning. An immediate excursion to Yumthang isn’t entirely plausible as it becomes dim ahead of schedule around 5:30 PM and the streets are additionally foggy.
Attractions: Gurudongmar Lake, Lachen, Lachung, Cholamu Lake, Thangu Valley, Chopta Valley, Crow’s Lake, Chungthang, Mt Katao, etc…
Best Time to visit: February and June.
How to Reach
- By Air: Gangtok air terminal is the closest air terminals Lachung. From that point standard flights are accessible to various objections. You should take a taxi or transport from here to reach Lachung. From Lachung, transport offices are accessible to get to Yumthang Valley.
- By Rail: Lachung railroad station is close to the city and is effectively available by street. You can employ any of the accessible open vehicle to reach there. Rail network is all around associated and make your excursion agreeable. From Lachung, transport offices are accessible to get to Yumthang Valley.
- By Road: Lachung is a slope station and sightseers generally like to go through street. You can get taxi, jeeps, and transports to arrive at this spot. Gangtok (113 km) is very much associated with Lachung with street transport office. From Lachung, transport offices are accessible to get to Yumthang Valley.
Popular Restaurants: Shuffle Momos, The Coffee Shop Restaurant, Cafe Live & Loud, Roll House, Baker’s Cafe, The Square, Osm Restro & Lounge, Khan Uncle’s Biryani House, Taste of Tibet, The Dragon Wok, Tripti’s, The Local Cafe, etc… Read more