One of the most wonderful districts, Chittoor is a famous place to visit in Andhra Pradesh. Affluent with greenery and wildlife having abundant historical importance, it evidently is an epic land in the state. It is to be specified that Chittoor has a portion of the wealthiest shrine on the planet and this district has an ideal mix of different components to fulfill people of metaphysical, religious and creative mentality.
Chittoor is the district capital and houses many district-level government institutions. Chittoor is practically an agro-market place and a major market for mango, grain, sugarcane, and peanut. This city places on the banks of Neeva River at the southernmost part of Andhra Pradesh state. It is located major metropolitan cities of Bangalore and Chennai.
- The Swayambu Varasidhi Vinayakaswamy temple at Kanipakam is the famous striking Hindu temple close to the city.
- Ardhagiri Anjaneyaswamy temple at Aragonda is the notable landmark close to the city.
- The eleventh-century authentic Chandragiri Fort is the notable landmark close to the city.
Attractions: Horsley Hills, Kaundinya Wildlife Sanctuary, Kalavagunta, Gurramkonda Fort, Nagari Hills, Sri Venkateswara Temple, Mogili, Ramagiri, Forest Reserve, Deer Park.
Best Time to visit: November to April.
- By Air: Nearest airport is Tirupati which is a domestic airport and located at a distance of 86 km. This airport is well connected to other cities of India.
- By Rail: Chittoor has its own railway station which is well connected to the major cities of Country.
- By Road: To reach Chittoor there are regular buses are available from other major cities of Country. And tourist can also hire taxis or other vehicles from other cities as well
Popular Restaurants: Sri Vishnu Bhavan Hotel, Garden View, Honey Bee, Sfz Pizza Hot, Durga Sweets, Rusi Bakery, Lazeez Multi-cuisine Restaurant, SFC Restaurant, Five Star Chicken, Hotel King, etc… Read more