Badami, Aihole and Pattadakal
Badami, Aihole, and Pattadakal
Badami is a historic town situated in northern Karnataka in the Bagalkot district. This town, known as Vatapi, was the capital of the Chalukya empire from the sixth to the 6th to 8th centuries. The stone architecture at Aihole can hypnotize the pious and also archeological buffs. The town has various temples built by the Chalukyas. Actually, the temples of Aihole are observed as an emblem hat stands proof to the developing styles of the Chalukya king and their endeavor. Which shows the legacy of Chalukyan Architecture.
Pattadakal precisely means “the city of crown rubies”. This was the hint, that this city was the capital of the Chalukya Empire. Pattadakal sets on the shore of the river Malaprabha in the Bagalkot district of Karnataka. These cities are declared a heritage site and also must visit a place of Karnataka by UNESCO.
Attractions: Badami is known for Badami Fort, Bhootnath Temple, Buddha rock-cut Caves. Aihole is famous for Durga Temple, Archeological Temple, Huchimalli Temple, and Lad Khan Temple. Virupaksha & Papanatha Temple and Galaganatha Shrine are major attractions of Pattadakal.
Best Time to visit: September to March
Peak Season: November to January & April
How to Reach
- By Air: Nearest airports is Hubli (around 106 km) and Belgaum(around 150 km) from Badami( Aihol- 35 km, Pattadakal-22 km away from Badami).
- By Rail: Badami has own railway station. And it is the nearest railway station for Aihol and Pattadakal.
- By Road: Many KSRTC and local buses are run for Badami, Aihole, and Pattadakal (from in between three cities). These transports provide service on a regular basis with the convenient and economical(price) for tourists. From Bangalore buses and other vehicles are also available.
- Badami: Golden Caves, The Bridge Restaurant, New Lemon Tree Family Restaurant, Baneshwar, Banashankari Maata Khanavali, Geeta Darshini.
- Aihole: The Sigdi(2.9 km away, ), Karhaai-Authentic Non-Veg (3.6 km), Hanafi Restaurant(4.7 km).
- Read more